Friday, October 21, 2011

Will Wright's The Sim 3

Ok, so I couldn't help but come back to this game seeing as it is my favorite game to play. This game for me is one of the best simulation games created. It gives you complete control to design different scenarios to act out. For me, it's not only an escape but a virtual world where I'm in charge of everything and everyone.

Creating The Sims- In the Sims 3, you have more free range now to create the person you desire. In the newest edition to this trilogy a person is able to change skin tones, hair color(highlights, tips, base color), hair styles, body shape(any range from skinny to fat to scrawny to bulk), age difference(baby, toddler, teen, young adult, adult, elder), tattoos and facial hair. A person also has the free range of dressing their Sim in any format from Casual Everday to Pajamas to Dressy to Work Out apparel. By the advance technology of the game people are able to design the way their Sim looks more precisely than ever before.

Building The House- In building the house in the Sims 3 you have all the freedom in the world to design the house of your dreams or the home of disaster. The possibilities are endless in the home. A person can use a home that's already built and ready to go, or they may want to try a hand and creating their own masterpiece. In building the house you design the shape, the layout, decorate the rooms with furniture and color. Anything you dream involving a house can be done. You can make it big, small, medium, lots of furniture, no furniture. 


Living the Life- Once you create your Sims and their house, the fun really begins. It's this stage of the game you get to explore different scenarios with the Sims created. You can make a rich family, poor family, single households, Sims with jobs, Sims with multiple kids. I mean the situations and personalities are endless! No Sim is alike. Every Sim has their own personality and ambitions and wants. As the player you get to control all of it though. 

With this game the player has ultimate control to do whatever they feel is right or wrong. You can play out scenarios and situations and have do overs unlike the real world. This game espeically appeals to me when I have so much going on in my life and can't control all of it. It helps me find control and balance elsewhere. I agree with Will Wright on how simulation games definitely allow you to see fast results and play out a fantasy. I feel it everytime I play it which is why I'm addicted! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good! Sonia also talked about Sims... although not a big player of sims, I enjoy games where you an build/create. We'll look at Wil Wright talk in class.

    ReplyDelete